June 25th-27th 2018 1:00pm-4:00pm
$150 Early Bird Pricing
$200 After April 28th, 2018
Location: Gathered & Grounded 533 W. Howard Ave. Decatur, GA 30030
Sign Up Early is Encouraged. Our last class sold out 2 months early! Teens benefit greatly from this research based course. Give your teen an advantage in this world and have them train in mindfulness and compassion.
Mindfulness for Teens is a 4 day course that uses the .b, curriculum from The Mindfulness in Schools Project. Pronounced (dot-be) which stands for 'stop and be' is a simple practice at the heart of this course for ages 12-18. Each .b lesson is expertly crafted for teaching distinct mindfulness skills. The .b materials are colorful, engaging and designed to engage even the most skeptical of young minds.
.b aims to help young people:
- To experience greater well-being (e.g. feel happier, calmer, more fulfilled)
- To fulfil their potential and pursue their own goals e.g. be more creative, more relaxed, academically, personally
- To improve their concentration and focus, in classes, in exams and tests, on the sports field, when playing games, when paying attention and listening to others
- To work with difficult mental states such as depressive, ruminative and anxious thoughts and low moods
- To cope with the everyday stresses and strains of adolescent life such as exams, relationships, sleep problems, family issues
To learn more about .b and Mindfulness in Schools you can go to: https://mindfulnessinschools.org