Mondays 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
Starting October 1st, 2018 to Nov. 26th **No Class Nov. 19th
Location: Be Here Now Mindfulness, LLC at ParkAire Consultants
4939 Lower Roswell Rd., Marietta, GA 30068
Limited to spots to first 12 that register!
Secure your spot today!
Announcing the first ever BEFORE SCHOOL Mindfulness for Middle Schoolers!
Kids are busy! The last thing anyone needs is one more thing to do.....especially after school or on weekends. After numerous people reached out to me to help them with their teen/pre-teen with mindfulness skills, I have decided to craft a before school course. Kids need mindfulness now more than ever. Taking a class before school will help them reduce anxiety and stress and set their minds in a calm space before their day begins. This program has been shown to help reduce test anxiety, stress, depression; and increase performance, focus and attention.
Mindfulness for Middle Schoolers is a 8-week course that uses the .b, curriculum from The Mindfulness in Schools Project. Pronounced (dot-be) which stands for 'stop and be' is a simple practice at the heart of this course for ages 12-18. Each .b lesson is expertly crafted for teaching distinct mindfulness skills. The .b materials are colorful, engaging and designed to engage even the most skeptical of young minds.
.b aims to help young people:
- To experience greater well-being (e.g. feel happier, calmer, more fulfilled)
- To fulfil their potential and pursue their own goals e.g. be more creative, more relaxed, academically, personally
- To improve their concentration and focus, in classes, in exams and tests, on the sports field, when playing games, when paying attention and listening to others
- To work with difficult mental states such as depressive, ruminative and anxious thoughts and low moods
- To cope with the everyday stresses and strains of adolescent life such as exams, relationships, sleep problems, family issues
To learn more about .b and Mindfulness in Schools you can go to: https://mindfulnessinschools.org