Welcome to Be Here Now School!
An online educational community to learn, grow, and connect.
Meditation—The Basics is the first published course the you can access here:
Meditation—The Basics is a FREE Beginner course that you can immediately download, keep, and start your meditation practice.
Finally, a course designed to teach you how to meditate the right way!
Ahem...there is no wrong way, in case you were wondering. This is just A way. Not THE way. And not MY WAY or the HIGHWAY! It will hopefully help you discover YOUR way.
We will be discussing the basics of meditation over the next 3 weeks. Each week you will be sent your easy to follow, task-oriented schedule. Do what you want, when you want! Plan to dedicate at the very least, 90 minutes per week on this beginner's course. If you want to do more, don't fret, we've got plenty of MORE! When the Student is ready, the Teacher will appear.--Zen phrase
For the grasshoppers: extra downloadable worksheets, digging deeper contemplations, resource guides, suggested readings, and meditation practices are also available.
This course includes:
* how to set up a practice and keep it set up
* how to "fail better" and keep practicing by overcoming resistances
* how to examine our thoughts, feelings and emotions and learn what they can and can't do for you
* how to calm yourself down on demand
* how to get unstuck from our greatest hits soundtracks of habitual, unnecessary, and usually unkind thinking patterns
* how to switch from an external locus of control to an internal one and find happiness is within our grasp
ABOUT JENNIFER CHASE FINCH, M.A., LPC, NBCC, CBCT® Instructor, Certified Mindfulness Instructor
Jennifer Chase Finch was a practicing licensed professional therapist for almost two decades prior to founding Be Here Now Mindfulness. She earned her Master's Degree in Counseling Psychology and Addictionology, from Appalachian State University, Boone, NC. She has extensive training in multi-faceted meditation modalities including, but not limited to: somatic meditation, analytical, compassion, mindfulness, Somatic Experiencing®, and attachment styles. She also has extended training in crisis counseling, addictions, and trauma-based therapy. She began incorporating meditation, mindfulness and compassion treatment modalities as her therapy of choice, and witnessed rapid transformations within her clients. Healing from the inside out!
The Big Focus---A Wide Angle Lens of Meditation
• What is Meditation, and What is Mindfulness, and How Do I Know The Difference? Does it Even Matter?
• What a Practice Looks Like; and What It Doesn't
• Meditating the Right Way (Bwhahahah!) Say Hello to Shamacizing with Your Inner Critic!
• What Am I Doing? Focus Grasshopper!
• Experiential Practice
The Small Focus---A Macro/Micro Lens of Meditation (not initiating the Canon vs Nikon debate)
• Examining our stuck patterns, habitual loops, and greatest hits soundtracks
• Learning How to "Fail Better"--One of the Greatest Lessons I Have Learned From Pema Chodron
• Overcoming Resistance to Alllllll of It! Give It Up Or Let It Go---Either One...You Choose
• Calm Yourself Down Already
• Experiential Practice
The Big Picture---The Great Landscape Panoramic
• Perspective Switch from Other-Validation to Self-Validation
• Out With the External; In With the Internal (the External was so last season anyway)
• Entering The Great Unknown with Confidence and Comradery
• Experiential Practice
What lies beyond your current self? Going forward is a willingness to give up the self you've been to become who you want to be.
"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future."--Deepak Chopra
Personal growth is progress, even at the smallest of increments. It is life's natural process. Don't take my word that this course will change a thing in your life. If it works, or enhances, diminishes, or improves whatever struggles are ailing you, then believe it worked. But recognize that it's not from me or this course. If it works, then you can believe it, because you walked with courage. You decided to look within, and that my friend, is no easy task. Welcome to the self-curious path of waking up to your life!
"The person who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The person who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever seen before."--Albert Einstein
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.